SCI Germany invites young people from Central Europe to take part in a 10-days workshop in Berlin from 24th of August to 2nd of September. The aim is to discover ways of organizing communities in a sustainable way and change the way we talk about climate change and solutions.
Study themes of the seminar include: De-growth and transition town movements, strong sustainability, alternative ways of living, cross-cutting issue ideology (capitalism)/environmental, urban gardening, permaculture, renewable energy, inner transition, local food system and cooking.
Requirements for participation:
- You are coming from the Central European Region (Austria, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy, Ireland, France, Sweden, Finland, Poland)
- You are at least 18 and not more than 30 years old (but few exceptions for over 30 are possible)
- You have been active in SCI or like minded organizations in climate/environment justice or similar topics
- you are willing to travel by land
- you are willing to share living space and responsibilities with other participants
- willing to be fully involved in an 10-days long intensive program
- media and new technologies skills are welcome (for writing blogs and making short videos